This is the Blogspot / Blogger version for our Blog, that is titled http://www.ComicBookCollectorsBlog.com ! We blog on comics, graphic novels, related films and TV shows and more! Thank You for finding us here! (We update daily at the Main Version of our Blog until this format is settled.)

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Review On 'The Untamed - A Sinner's Prayer #1'

 

Click here to see our ENDING SOONEST Comics, Graphic Novels, Toys, Cards and Magazines for sale! 

   

The Untamed #1

A Sinner's Prayer 

Click Here to see our NEWLY LISTED Comics, Graphic Novels, Toys, Fanzines and Prozines!

Above:  Sebastian A Jones holding both front covers of his comic book @ the 2009 San Diego Comic Con International!

Left:  One of the two Front Covers to the comic book 'The Untamed - A Sinner's Prayer' #1 from Stranger Comics!

I'm still blogging reviews of comics that I received during the recent San Diego Comic Con International...  

As I've stated before, I read a lot of comics and graphic novels, both in hard copy (print) and .pdf formats.  However, I don't blog about them all here in my Blog, as it takes at least a three quarters of an hour to format and proof one of these posts, what with the pics and text to prepare.  For me to blog about something here, I've either got to really like it, and / or the publication has a uniqueness or some other quality or feature that I want to share with my blog readers. 

I don't normally blog about publications that I don't like for whatever reason(s).  My 'free time' for blogging is too short to dwell on something that I didn't like reading, let alone spending extra time writing about it!  I like to keep my Blog on a positive path as there are so many deserving publications out there to share with you that I come across.... 

I found several publications at The Antidote Trust booth at the 2009 SDCC, thanks to Dale Wilson of DWAP Productions who introduced me to the creators who shared their works with me!

Today's blog post is on the first issue of 'The Untamed - A Sinner's Prayer'.  I was handed two copies of the first issue, the above pictured cover is the regular cover.  The writer of the series is holding both covers in the smaller photo at the top right.

This comic takes place on 'The World of Asunda'.  Following are the words used in the publicity promo that describe what this first issue is about: 

"I was given a second chance in death. Vengeance was offered and I was quick to accept.”

A cloaked Stranger slips into the rustic Town of Oasis changing things forever. Ten years it had been since he ran this town with malice and harshness. Even then there was hope for his soul. His wife and daughter were on the verge of turning him from wickedness. But they were murdered, and so was he. Now he has returned hell-bent on killing.

Okay... sounds kind of 'heavy' right from the start.  It is.  However, the text is minimal.  No, Not simplistic... just minimal.  The dialogue is sparse also.  What it does though, is flow very well with the artwork, which is beautifully done by Peter Bergting.  Yes, there is blood, and violence here.  Is it heavy handed and out to shock the reader?  Well, not overly so in my opinion.  (Kind of like the 'Man with No Name' movie series starring Clint Eastwood, where the violence goes with the action format.)

What makes this introductory issue 'good' is the combination of the minimal text & dialogue with the illustration / colors / lettering. It is a fine presentation and although normally not what I personally would read for 'fun', it is compelling enough for me to want to read more of this seven issue series. 

Here are the credits:

Words:        Sebastian A. Jones
Art:             Peter Bergting
Design:        Darrell May
Letters:       Christopher Garner 
                   Troy Peteri
Cover:         Peter Bergting
Alt. Cover:  Hyoung Taek Nam

Now, here is what makes this comic book additionally 'interesting' and 'interactive' for my Blog readers.  You too can read this comic book, but instead of a hard copy, you can see the first issue for free online, all 36 pages including the back story, so you can formulate your own thoughts as to whether it draws you in enough to purchase the second copy.  The first issue can be found at:

http://www.strangercomics.com/asunda/untamed.php 

Just click on the 'Read' box on that web page.  See what You think of this storyline!  Let the creators know!  Let me know!

Again, my Thanks to Dale Wilson of DWAP Productions who has turned me on to several works that members of The Antidote Trust have turned out!   Especially 'The Roach' mini-series by Robert Roach!  The BEST mini-series I have read in years!  (Click here for my review on that series!)

AND Thanks again to all of YOU reading our current and archived blog posts!  We do blog daily on comic book creators, comic book reviews, and other pop culture news and events including some TV shows and theatrical films!  

While You are here today... Please check out our new listings of comics, graphic novels, Comic Con exclusives and more pop culture items for sale in our online eBay Featured Store that most of our blogs are based on.  It's due to sales at this store that keep us with the 'free time' to post blogs like the one you have read here! 

~ Michael 

 

Now Celebrating the 11th Year On The Web!

"Hammering Out the Web
For You Since May 12th, 1998!"

Click Here to see 'Our Reviews posted at eBay! 

Note: If you breaking into or work in the comic book industry or other pop culture productions, you are welcome to email us press releases, news items, and updates that you feel would be of interest to our blog readers. Including YOUR own works!

To mail printed items to us for review, send to:

Make It So Marketing Inc
PO Box 130653
Carlsbad, CA 92013

   

Digg!

     

 

Thank You For Being One Of This Blog's

Site Meter
NOTE:  This blog post is written for the IE Browser standards. Netscape, Firefox and the others serve the page up differently. The screen display resolution is best seen at the setting of 1024 x 768.

All images and characters within this blog post are copyright and trademark their respective owners.

 

CONVENTION PHOTOS:  I met Herbert Jefferson Jr very briefly at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con International  (SDCC) back in July.  Herbert played Lt. Boomer on the 1978 Battlestar Galatica TV Show Series, as well as other roles on TV.  He was going to the Chicago Comic Con after the SDCC, but I didn't blog about that Con this year, so am running his photo below at this time.  I would ask you to check out his web site for future appearances, but I don't see one for him.  I see a fan site but it hasn't been update recently. Should anyone know of his appearances schedule feel free to contact me at any time!  

Click Here to see 'My World at eBay!

If you are a Facebook member and want to join my Facebook Network, feel free to send a 'friend request' to 'Michael D Hamersky'.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers